Tuesday August 2 2011

Sam is up in the air right now, flying to Los Angeles and has informed us that his plan to broadcast live from the plane has been foiled.

However! Being ever prepared for any such situation, Sam has an entire show ready to go for you all! Today’s show features can’t miss interviews with Bill Lazonick and Steve Edwards. Be sure to listen!

This entry was posted in Podcast, Shows. Bookmark the permalink.

14 Responses to Tuesday August 2 2011

1. Pat Connors says:

online radio not working

2. No Audio, it says Network error!

3. not-sam says:

Since sam’s not broadcasting live today, you have to use the podcast player which should be up momentarily.

4. HolyCity2012 says:

Laugh Out Loud! Do you mean to tell me that the player labeled as “LIVE” doesn’t work? Maybe because todays show is not live?

5. ABSOLUTELY AMEN! Build kids from their strength and they will build confidence, there is too much focusing on deficits, too much of a cookie cutter approach that doesn’t fit reality.

• HolyCity2012 says:

“Do Schools Destroy Creativity? – Ken Robinson”

Sir Ken Robinson says a schismatic view of the mind has marginalized many people’s talents, creating a crisis of human resources. “Human dysfunction…is a bounty for all kinds of corporations and institutions,” says Robinson.

• HolyCity2012 says:

WRONG LINK! Oops.

Here is the correct link. I think.

“Sir Ken Robinson: Do schools kill creativity?”

Sir Ken Robinson makes an entertaining and profoundly moving case for creating an education system that nurtures (rather than undermines) creativity.

6. Deborah says:

“Did NCLB Destroy Creativity”? Yes, says someone with 27 years in public ed.

7. I apologize for the re-post form the members’ section:

Definitely sharing that second interview (loved the first one as well) with my fellow teachers and admin at school. I am entering my 8th year at a large urban high school in Sacramento, and I remember the numerous discussions we had during the credential program about how NCLB (in the manner it was being implemented) and the enormous emphasis placed on standardized testing were the completely wrong avenues to take to assess student learning. We were reassured by many- professors, mentor teachers- that it was just a phase. Sadly, it has remained for far too long. I am happy to hear the discussion transiting to multiple measures for student achievement. On the note of charter schools, I believe we have a crazy battle ahead. Michelle Rhee has set up shop here with her fiance Kevin Johnson. If anyone is interested on how some charter schools show ‘improvement’, look into St. Hope, formerly Sacramento High School. Look beyond Oprah’s praise and research their questionable practices. Sorry for the longest post of my life.

8. I was very successful in academics all my life…part of it is that I have confidence in myself that was built at a very early age. our system puts kids in “special ed”, when you could just as easily separate kids out by promoting the faster ones into “gifted and talented” programs.

9. Pingback: ED on the Radio | Edwards Educational Services