Karl Grossman, Fukushima Lessons Learned?

Sunday marked the 1st anniversary of the Fukushima nuclear disaster.  Joining us to talk about the nuclear situation in America and the world is professor and investigative reporter Karl Grossman.  Your calls and IMs.  Click thru for links and updates.  Use this post as today’s thread.

More info from the Natural Resources Defense Council

Check out this article, “The Dangerous Myths of Fukushima” by Joseph Mangaro and Janette Sherman sited during the interview.

Rep. Terry England compares women to cows, pigs and chickens. from Bryan Long on Vimeo.

This entry was posted in General. Bookmark the permalink.

8 Responses to Karl Grossman, Fukushima Lessons Learned?

1. HolyCity2012 says:

This message board is quiet, a little too quiet.

2. HolyCity2012 says:

Sam Seder — The Fox Effect

Mar 12, 2012

When Fox News was formed, they made it clear that they had one goal in mind — to help get conservatives elected. Network president Roger Ailes has done everything in his power to carry out that goal, and has been wildly successful — both politically and financially. But what has happened as a result is that we’re left with a dumbed-down electorate that feeds on every word Fox news anchors dish out, regardless of how out of touch with reality these talking points really are. Sam Seder talks about the damage that Fox News has caused America with Ari Rabin-Havt, vice president of Media Matters, and co-author of the new book The Fox Effect.

3. HolyCity2012 says:

Sam Seder — The Evolution of Progressive Politics

Mar 13, 2012

Over the last few years, America has seen two powerful new groups emerge — The Tea Party and the Occupy Movement. And while these two groups have very little in common, if anything, they both illustrate the fact that Americans are becoming sick and tired with the status quo from our corporations and elected officials, and the fact that its getting harder to tell corporations and politicians apart. But social change has to begin somewhere, and people are beginning to realize this fact. Sam Seder talks about how we can move forward and enact the change that we desire, with Harvard law professor Lawrence Lessig, author of the new book “One Way Forward.”

4. I personally like your current timeline. Are you planning to change to 12Noon or 3pm EST? If you go on at 3pm you will be on the same time as Randi Rhodes who I like to listen to more than Thom (I really don’t like Ed Schultz). Thom is okay but a bit boring at times, so 12noon is best for me.

My two cents. If you to 3pm EST, however, I will have to listen to Randi because I don’t pay for her podcasts while I do yours so will have to listen to you by podcast which I do at night and will probably fall asleep in the middle, or during the weekends when the news is old.

Also, soon both Bill Press and Stephanie Miller will be going on CurrentTV. I plan to vcr them so not impact there. Anyhow, I listen to SM till you come on and then switch. So she doesn’t come into conflict for me with your current time.

Oh, I have XM radio in my car and if driving between 9am-12noon PST, I am forced to listen to ES who I can’t stand. Wish you could get on XM.

Just wanted to add a West Coast voice.

• HolyCity2012 says:

Randi Rhodes is sensational. Thom Hartmann is informative and educational. The constant feigned outrage from Ed Schultz is off-putting. Stephanie Miller is a low caliber, red meat merchant. I am unaware of who Bill Press is. Ring of Fire shine a spotlight on issues and topics that deserve more attention than they are given by the rest of the “Liberal Media”…

If you are interested in (at the least) winning the water cooler war then all you need is MR.FM, Thom Hartmann, RoF.

THE END.

5. ed schultz is swine.

• HolyCity2012 says:

AH! I see that you incorporate the same level of eloquence and poetry in your internet, message board comments as you do in your song writing.

6. aceccombs@i.softbank.jp says:

Interview with Karl Grossman was just a huge disappointment, a stream of unsubstantiated sensationalism, and saddest of all, you go ahead and link to Mangano and Sherman’s thoroughly debunked “studies.”

I am against nuclear power generation, but don’t feel that Grossman or Mangano’s sketchy fake science helps in the least…