Cliff Schecter, News & Isabel Gillies, Movies & Jeff Smith D17 Trial

It’s Casual Friday and we’re back LIVE.   Cliff Schecter (@cliffschecter) from Libertas LLC is here as is film recommend-er extraordinaire, Isabel Gillies (@isabelgillies).  And Jeff Smith (@Jeff5mith) reports in on the D17 trial of Occupy Wall Street protesters arrested in December protesting landholdings of Trinity Church.  Click thru for links and updates.  Use this post as today’s thread.

Read David Dayen’s take on the Trans-Pacific Partnership.  And more from Salon, Trans-Pacific Partnership: Larger than NAFTA?  Also, link to Stop TPP.

Don’t say Vagina in Michigan!

And Darcy Burner stands up for women at Netroots Nation — and the Right starts a controversy.

This entry was posted in General. Bookmark the permalink.

19 Responses to Cliff Schecter, News & Isabel Gillies, Movies & Jeff Smith D17 Trial

1. AtlantaBob says:

Isn’t it time for Biden to announce that he wants to spend more time with his family and get Hillary on board.

2. frist!

name drop friday :)

3. Can’t hear Cliff that well. Turn up his sound please!

4. TPP will allow foreign countries to explore for hydrofracking natural gas without having to be liable to Americans for environmental pollution. If we impose regulations on their operations, they will be entitled to sue for compensation for having to be responsible drillers.

5. Greg Sargent ‏@ThePlumLineGS

Obama leapfrogs GOP DREAM Act, potentially pressuring Romney to choose between Kobach and Rubio camps: http://wapo.st/NDwbAy

6. Pingback: Cliff Schecter, News & Isabel Gillies, Movies & Jeff Smith D17 Trial … | Occupy Wall Street Info

7. Some of us still record on VHS tapes :)

8. CeeCee says:

Check out:
    mediaactioncenter.net

9. Say There:

I noticed when watching a MR clip on my FB page that the start time given for the weekday live performance of the MR was 11:30. Isn’t it now 12 Noon? Haven’t listened live in many months so I don’t know.

Regards.

10. whatmoney says:

“I sometimes feel like I’m caught in a vise. Some people feel like I’m some kind of hero,” he told The Times earlier this year. “Others hate me. They say I deserved it. Other people, I can hear them mocking me for when I called for an end to the destruction, like I’m a fool for believing in peace.”

11. John Salmond says:

Really loving Isabell. As much as I like yur work, Sam, I think Isabell adds an important change of pace/mood/feeling to the show. Reminds me of my enjoyment of you and Maron together, though very different, of course

12. HolyCity2012 says:

I don’t understand Cliff’s complaint in regards to the criteria of/for? the “Dream Act”… A long list is a good thing, right?

Cliff is a decent guest and he does a good job of referencing precedent but a lot seems to fly over his head and most of his attempts at humor are embarrassing.

• HolyCity2012 says:

Laugh Out Loud!
        Coming from the king of “a lot seems to fly over his head”!

I encourage you to manifest a more substantive criticism. If you can pinpoint a particular issue in my post then please do so.

• HolyCity2012 says:

I am being completely sincere when I state that I eagerly anticipate your retort.

• HolyCity2012 says:

Seriously Dog, This is no joke.

Get at me.

I am sure that you have some airtight points that are aimed at me. Go ahead and pull the trigger.

• HolyCity2012 says:

Come on “Reefercake…”..?

I am sure that a grown man who employes Marijuana to establish some sort identity for himself is capable of compiling a bulletproof list of counterpoints to unleash.

Bring it on!

13. HolyCity2012 says:

Isabell is a type of person that I have only known briefly in my real life. I enjoy her general demeanour. I can imagine her as a thoroughly entertaining field reporter for video segments.