Tuesday September 27 2011

LIVE from #OccupyWallStreet…take 2!

After being rained out last Friday, we’re heading down to #OccupyWallStreet today for a live broadcast from the scene of the protest…and this time it looks like the weather will hold off on the rain until we’re done with the broadcast.

Be sure to tune in!

This entry was posted in Podcast, Shows. Bookmark the permalink.

15 Responses to Tuesday September 27 2011

1. coolj146 says:

Hard to hear you, but I love that you’re here covering this

2. This attorney is very interesting!

3. Sounding good Sammy!

4. Can’t hear the clip guys!!

5. Here’s what you missed:

RawStory The Raw Story
    Stock trader tells BBC that Europe will collapse because “Goldman Sachs rules the world.” bit.ly/qr8odE
    [Video at link]

[snippet]

Speaking to the British Broadcasting Corporation (BBC) this morning, independent stock trader Alessio Rastani predicted that a European market crash is imminent and many investors know it.

“This problem cannot be solved,” he said. “I’m fairly confident that the Euro is going to crash, and it’s going to fall pretty hard.”

Rastani added: “Personally, I’ve been dreaming of this moment for three years. I have a confession, which is, I go to bed every night and I dream of another recession. I dream of another moment like this. Why? Because people don’t seem to really remember. The depression in the 30′s wasn’t just about a market crash. There were some people who were prepared to make money from that crash. I think anybody can do that.”

“What I would say to everybody is, get prepared. It’s not the time right now to, wishfully thinking the government’s going to sort things out. The governments don’t rule the world. Goldman Sachs rules the world. Goldman Sachs does not care about this rescue package, neither does the big funds.”

“In less than 12 months, my prediction is, the savings of millions of people is going to vanish. And this is just the beginning.”

• This is what you could not hear just now. There is a video at the link where you can see this man.

I’m sure that clip will be in the podcast latter, we just didn’t hear it now because of logistics!

6. Sunshine Jim says:

eya gang!

good to see a band of young people out and about for “freedom”!

what there is of it left…

7. Sunshine Jim says:

WTF? all this aimless camera pointing, no interviews?

get on it gang!

8. Sunshine Jim says:

audio stopped at the “gordon gecko” line
    sounded interesting, all 45 seconds of it, hope the edited version is a goodun!

9. End was a little abbreviated, but for on the scene broadcasting it turned out well done live, so I know the podcast will be that much better.

10. Alyssa Eisenberg says:

I did hear correctly, right. The Teachers union will be there tomorrow? Why am I the only one to tweet? I hope it is right.

11. EveningStarNM says:

WOW! That was a GREAT show! MajorityFM really is portable. On-site and revealing, I learned a lot about OccupyWallStreet: a lot of the people there still aren’t sure what it’s about. The first guy Sam interviewed, when asked what it was about, had no idea. Another guy said that the purpose of OccupyWallStreet — quite literally — was to decide what it was about. It’s a “movement” or something about something having to do with Wall Street. Reverend Billy was great: He knew why he was there and what he wanted. But the rest of the people made clear one thing: The right-wing has the only clear and concise message about OccupyWallStreet that is available to the media: “Hippies”.

Humans form and structure communities so that they can accomplish their common goals. Without structure, nothing can be decided and nothing can be done. OccupyWallStreet may not need ideological leaders, but they do need organization to take the control of their message — what ever it is — back from the right wing.

Repeat after me: “I am protesting corporate control of my government. I want the money out of politics, and I want my vote to count.”

12. According to a report from the Guardian, the deputy inspector responsible for the pepper spray attack on the young women protesters was Anthony Bologna — the same officer previously named in a number of tweets by Anonymous. The paper said it has uncovered evidence suggesting Bologna had already been accused of false arrest and civil rights violations in 2004, at the Republican National Convention.

the footage with this article is vivid and sad to see

13. Police hold all the power and have little accountability when they abuse it.
    An article that deserves reading regarding the increased militarism and the “at war with the people” mentality that has been growing in America’s police forces

Why Do the Police Have Tanks? The Strange and Dangerous Militarization of the US Police Force